Welcome to Motoroso! Motoroso is a community, content, and commerce platform dedicated to automotive and powersports. Motoroso connects you to content and products for your vehicles, as well as brands and people that can help you in every stage of your project.
What Information We Collect:
We collect information that you provide us directly or automatically when you use our Site as described below.
Account and Profile Information: When you create an account on Motoroso, then we collect your name and the contact information you provide. You have an obligation to provide us accurate information. You also will be asked to create a profile on Motoroso. If you do, your username, any photo you submit, and information you enter into the fields indicated for public display will be displayed publicly on the social network. You can customize some of the information displayed publicly in your Motoroso profile by going to your account and profile settings. You are responsible for keeping your Motoroso account login credentials, including any Facebook login credentials, confidential. You should not share such login credential with any other person as you are responsible for all activity on your account whether or not accessed through Facebook. You will immediately notify us if you are aware or suspect any unauthorized use of your account. If you feel that an unauthorized account has been created depicting you or your likeness, please contact us at support@Motoroso.com.
Public Content: The information that you post to the Site is intended for public consumption, including your photos, comments, Garages/Projects/How-tos, and profile information. By posting on the Site, you agree to permit us to disclose publicly the material you post.
Communications: When you join Motoroso by signing up for an account or creating a profile, as permitted by law, you are opting in to receive emails from us or about Motoroso. You can manage your email and notice preferences in account settings, but note that you cannot opt out of receiving certain administrative or legal notices from us. Additionally, by joining, you are agreeing to receive feedback and communications from third-parties within the Site, including third-party providers of products or services who may comment on your postings within the Site. If you exchange messages with others through the Site, in accordance with applicable law, we may store them in order to process and deliver them, allow you to manage them, and investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Site. Motoroso may also enable you to connect, at your initiation, outside the Site via your personal email address to third-party providers of products and services who you wish to contact outside of the Site.
Transactional Information: If you purchase products within the Site, certain information collected for processing your request, such as your phone number, address, email, and credit card information, may be shared with relevant third-parties in order for them to process your request (but not for their own marketing or other purposes). When you submit credit card numbers, we encrypt that information using industry standard technology and use commercially reasonable security measures to protect it from misuse.
Site Activity/Automatically Collected Information: We collect and may store information about your use of the Site, such as your search activity, the pages you view, and the date and time of your visit. We also collect and may store information that your computer or mobile device provides to us in connection with your use of the Site, such as your browser type, type of computer or mobile device, browser language, IP address, mobile carrier, unique device identifier, location, and requested and referring URLs.
How We Use the Information We Collect:
We may use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- to tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Site or our products and services;
- to provide and improve Site’s functionality and the products and services through the Site;
- For marketing and promotional purposes. For example, we may use your information, such as your email address, to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you, or conduct sweepstakes, contest and other promotions.;
- to track usage of the Sit and better understand how users access and use our Site and products and services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Site and products and services and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purpose’
- to provide feedback to businesses and professionals whose products or services are listed on the Site;
- to display relevant advertising and evaluate the success of our advertising, We also may use the information that we learn about you to assist us in advertising our Site and products and services on third party websites; and
- to comply with our legal obligations.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
We use both session cookies and persistent cookie.
- Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser or turn off your computer. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged into the Site. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through our Site.
- Persistent Cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity.
Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies), but such disabling will impair use of the Site.
You may opt-out of tracking by third parties for certain advertising purposes, as discussed below in the section entitled “Third Party Ad Networks,” which can help you control targeted advertising by third-parties that track your activities across sites.
Please note we do not change system behavior within the Site in response to browser requests not to be tracked.
It may be possible to disable Cookies through your device or browser settings. The method for disabling cookies may vary by device and browser, but can usually be found in preferences or security settings. However, doing so may affect your ability to use the Site. If you are not comfortable with the above uses of Cookies, please do not use this Site.
Sharing Your Information:
We do not rent or sell your personal contact information (such as your email address associated with your account registration) to third-parties to use for their own marketing purposes. We may share some information about you with third parties in connection with your use of the Site. Our information sharing with third-parties falls into these categories and purposes:
- Brands and Service Providers: We may share your information with third-party brands and service providers as needed to carry out the performance and functionality of the Site, fulfill your requests or authorized transactions, or provide customer support.
- Analytics and Usage: We may share user information in the aggregate, with third parties, such as advertisers, professionals, and business. For example, we may disclose to a business the number of users that have viewed their product. Business or professionals that participate on the Motoroso network may also access usage data associated with your public profile. For example, a business can see that you, as identified by your public profile username, any profile photo, and any other publicly displayed profile identifiers (but not identified by your email or non-public account information), added their product to one of your Garages/Projects/How-tos on a particular date.
- Business Transfers: If we are acquired by or merged with another entity, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected about you to the other company.
- Other Users: Information that you post publicly on Motoroso (e.g., photos, comments, your profile) will be made publicly available to other users of Motoroso.
- Legal Process: We may investigate and disclose information from or about you, as permitted by applicable law, if we have a good faith belief that such investigation or disclosure is (a) reasonably necessary to comply with legal process and law enforcement instructions and orders, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, judicial proceeding, or other legal process served on us; (b) helpful to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the Site; or (c) helpful to protect our rights, reputation, property, or that of our users, subsidiaries, or the public.
Access and Modification:
Account Termination and Data Retention:
The Site is intended for general audiences and is not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us at email@example.com, and we will take steps to remove such information and terminate the child's account.
We have implemented commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
Storage Data in the United States:
Any information you provide through the Site may be transferred to, stored in, or processed in the United States. You consent to the transfer and storage of your personal information in the United States, which may offer less protection for your personal information than the jurisdiction in which you reside.
Links to Other Sites:
Last Updated November 28, 2017